Monday 21 July 2014

The Seaside






There’s something about the seaside that makes me feel better.


 



I don’t know if it’s the food, the smell of salt in the air, the hypnotic repetition of the waves crashing against the rocks or being able to burying your feet in the sand.




My grandparents live in Cornwall and whenever we visit we spend almost the entire time by the sea.

We go to lands end and do one of the coastal walks along the cliffs so that we can look over the edge and see nothing but the ocean.  We eat pasties and freshly made donuts. Yum.






And I have to say, walking as exercise is one of the easiest to do, you can walk anywhere and everywhere. No equipment is needed. You don’t have to spend hours in a gym trying to get just one step closer to looking as fit as the people you are surrounded by.

But walking with views like this!
It is just incredible. It makes you smile and all of your worries just fall away.


I would recommend going to the seaside. Even if it is cold and windy. curl up in a blanket with a flask of tea and just watch the tide go in and out.


- Jess


P.s. i leave you with another poem (well part of a poem)


Out of the huts of history’s shame
I rise
Up from a past that’s rooted in pain
I rise
I’m a black ocean, leaping and wide, welling and swelling I bear in the tide. Leaving behind nights of terror and fear
I rise
Into a daybreak that’s wondrously clear
I rise
- Still I rise | Maya Angelou





5 comments:

  1. I LOVE the seaside too! (My entire blog theme is beach themed, that's how much I do!) I live on the seafront so I'm really lucky, although I'd prefer to live in Cornwall! I've never been there but I have been to Devon and I loved it. Hopefully one day I'll be able to go. I'm so glad you could go and spend some time there, those views are beautiful!

    xx Hayley-Eszti
    www.hayleyeszti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i would definitely recommend visiting Cornwall i love it down there! sooo lucky to live near the sea! ye it really is beautiful xx

      Delete
  2. There's something about the beach that makes me feel better too! I live not far from the beach and it's so refreshing and calming to visit. Are these pictures of Cornwall? It looks pretty.

    Lennae xxx
    www.lennae87.wordpress.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ye, i look these pics the last time i was there. its a beautiful place xxx

      Delete
  3. I find that the sea makes me feel better too! :) My family are also from lands end and I love going there! :) I'm so sad not to go this year, I'm so glad to her you were able to walk around on the cliff tops! :) x

    www.jennyhelenmyspoonielife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete